We love my sister, Olivia for taking some pictures of our family!! Speaking of which, the New Year is approaching, so Joe & I took this opportunity to review our past family goals & make new ones for 2015 (can you believe it!?). We came to the conclusion that we didn’t master many of our 2014 goals, mostly because we forgot about them. That is why I used my own advice this go around:
- Make it simple! Our goals aren’t very detailed. They’re general so that there is room for flexibility given each unique circumstance
- Categorize. We broke them up into the following categories for more clarity: financial, spiritual, physical/health, & fun
- Post it! When you have a daily reminder of what you want to accomplish, there is a greater chance you will
- Take it easy. This is when you should really use the advice to “know thyself”, and set reasonable goals so that when you accomplish them, you will feel on top of the world & ready to advance to more challenging ones!
- Work your way backwards. We realized that goal setting isn’t about doing… it’s about becoming. We started by listing off traits we would like to possess, such as discipline, positivity, & thoughtfulness. Then, we thought about the kinds of actions that would allow us to gain these characteristics…voila!
In actuality, it doesn’t have to be a new year to begin goal setting. Each day, no, each moment is an opportunity for self-improvement!! Just remember, you can achieve anything you want to in this life, so go for it! I hope these tips are helpful. Happy goal setting!!
What are some of your goals & ambitions?